I show affection for my pets by holding them against me and whispering I love you repeatedly as they struggle to escape from my arms
my favorite foods (9/?)
chicken mcnuggets from mcdonalds
"hello 911 i’d like to report a murder in th-" "haha, wow you’re a little snitch. hold on a sec. HEY DAVE, CHECK OUT THIS FUCKIN SNITCH ON LINE THREE"
i did a little west wing rewatching this weekend. just in the background, while i did weekend type chores, the first six or so episodes from the first season.
- i cannot get used to how archaic 1999 technology looks now. the laptops are both huge and tiny at the same time. remember that? when they were like 11” but so extremely clunky? and that was the top-of-the-line shit! this is supposed to look impressive, like only a white house aide who makes $150,000 a year could possibly afford this $2,000 toshiba satellite with win 95.
- there is this one scene where CJ is typing furiously on her desktop computer and nothing is happening on the screen. you can see the text in the one window which is open, and it’s not changing. this was only 15 years ago, this was the year in which i graduated from college, and no one on set is like, “uh, hey…”
- if you’re feeling pretty bummed about how backwards the general state of things is, this will make you feel better about how much has changed in so short a period of time. i remember watching this show in 2000 and being like: “yeah, right, aaron sorkin, we are never going to have a president in my lifetime who is this openly progressive,” and GUESS WHAT. obama is MORE progressive on almost all of the hot button issues than ol’ jed bartlett. which is pretty fucking great!
- we sure did love a chunky heel in the late 90s, my friends. donna. CJ. mandy (moira kelly! remember?). chunky heels all over the damned place.
- finally: they are trying very hard in season 1 to convince us that bradley whitford is more physically attractive than rob lowe, and to their credit, by eight episodes in, i am pretty much onboard.
Oh man, I am 100% on board. Josh 4 lyfe.
JOSH FOR LIFE